Moderator: TSF Global Moderator Team

Antworten
Smokin' Ace
Mietmuskel
Mietmuskel

[SR4]NEWS: "Holiday Weekend Means Gaming"

Beitrag von Smokin' Ace »

Bild

It doesn’t feel like it’s been 3 weeks since I was typing in shock that it was already May, but apparently it has. Now, for those in the US, it’s Memorial Day weekend—the traditional start of summer, and a 3-day weekend. Being a dedicated gamer, that means hiding indoors from the heat and sunlight, and working on gaming materials—and an extended game session on the holiday. I hope that I’m not the only one who has some gaming planned for the weekend.

Since nothing goes better with beer, barbecue, and friends than Shadowrun, I thought it might be worth a few suggestions of some free (and 1 cheap) options to while away a few hours.
  • If you’re looking for a game to run, and you’re new to Shadowrun, go grab the free Quick-Start Rules. It’s the perfect way to learn the game world and the SR4 rules system.
  • If you’re a bit deeper into the Shadowrun world than that, take a gander at any of the free Denver Missions or the free New York Mission.
  • If you don’t feel like an extended campaign, but still want a fun night or two of Shadowrun, check out Bad Moon Rising. This one might also get you in the mood for Idol Threats at Gen Con Indy. (A little practice never hurt, right?)
Of course, some readers might see all of this as old news. So, It’s probably best if I offer a few little updates on how other projects are progressing.
  • Dusk the first adventure in the Dawn of the Artifacts series has made its way to the printers. It’s hard to say too much about a scenario without spoiling anything, but I think the series title probably offers a few hints for the truly devoted.
  • Vice is the guide to the criminal underworld for Shadowrun, Fourth Edition. This book covers a lot of ground, and had a whole lot to update, after all, Underworld Sourcebook came out way back in 1996. Tempo shook up the crime syndicates in 2071, and Vice gave a chance to really look at the fall out.
    It’s currently working it’s way through final layout, and should make its way to our ever-vigilant proofreaders soon.
  • Running Wild is the critter book for Shadowrun, Fourth Edition, but it’s so much more than anything that’s been done with critters in past editions. We’ll talk more about this as we get closer to release, but I think it’s safe to say that we’re not just covering paranormal animals. This book goes into detail with normal animals, paranormals, spirits, and, well… I like to leave a few surprises. Some of the preliminary artwork has started to come in, and I’m really digging it. One entitled “Ecology of a Sewer” gave me shivers.
Quelle: http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/200 ... ans-gaming
Bild
Mein Blog u.a. mit SR Themen:
http://www.pnprpg.de
Bild
Antworten

Zurück zu „ShadowRun News“